Monday, June 15, 2015

chanchos

This week was amazing. 
Hermana Mendez and I are seeing so many miracles. I can hardly believe it. 
Also, my Spanish is improving. And I can tell because I was talking in English to our mission nurse on the phone and I couldn't for my life remember how to say seis in english. FOR MY LIFE. I won't be able to talk to anyone by the time I get back. Its great. 

We saw miracles this week! Last week we had a funeral, a 25 year old mother of two. She and her entire family are less active in the church. 
But this week we went to see if one of our other less avtives was home and he brother comes out and he just does everything under the sun. He does drugs, he does it all, but he tells us 
"I want to go to church again. Paula was my friend. I wanna know whats gonna happen with her, with me" and I was SPEACHLESS. I don't think anyone will be able to undertsand how much of a miracle that really is.
But so the next day was Sunday and I was like "Nawwwww hes not gonna come, he was just talking" and HE WALKS IN. And he sits himself down and he's THERE in the church! EARLY SUNDAY MORNING (10:00 is early here) 
And not only him, but the family of the woman who dies came for the first time in years. 
THERE REALLY IS LIFE AFTER DEATH. In more ways than one. 
I am so grateful that I could be apart of this faith, that I can be apart of a work that reall can and really DOES change lives through faith, repentance, baptism ,the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. 

the work here is moving forawrd in an incredible way, I am so happy. and I feel so sorry for my compañera because she finishes her mission in 10 weeks. We only get this power and authority for a short time. But we will always be missionaries. 

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
love
Hermana Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment